An original equipment manufacturer (OEM) was experiencing quality issues on a helicopter transmission manufacturing line. This issue was affecting the cost to manufacture and overhaul the helicopter transmissions. The goal was to reduce cost to manufacture and increase the reliability of the transmission.
MEASUREMENT ANALYSIS SOLUTION:
A detailed system and process analysis was performed at the OEM manufacturing line. The root cause was identified and a solution was implemented.
- Reduced manpower (assembly and test hours)
- Reduced the amount of transmissions needing rework
- Improved system validation during acceptance testing
- Increased production yield
- Increased reliability and performance of transmissions
- Increased readiness of aircraft for end users