The US Air Force were experiencing issues with aircraft ground support equipment (hydraulic power) contaminating all aircraft. The goal was to reduce maintenance and increase reliability, availability, and sustainability of all aircraft.
MEASUREMENT ANALYSIS SOLUTION:
A detailed system and process analysis was performed on the hydraulic power units and hydraulic fluid fill carts. The root cause was identified and a solution was implemented.
- Increased aircraft hydraulic system operational reliability
- Increased ground support equipment (GSE) operational reliability and performance
- Reduced maintenance hours on aircraft and GSE
- Increased readiness of aircraft and GSE
- Reduced hydraulic fluid waste stream
- Reduced hydraulic fluid inventory required (footprint)